Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a concentrate of platelet-rich plasma protein derived from whole blood, centrifuged to remove red blood cells. It has a greater concentration of growth factors than whole blood, and has been used to encourage a brisk healing response across several specialties, in dermatology.
Cosmetically, PRP can be used either topically or subcutaneously. When used topically, the skin of the treated area is first resurfaced to produce micro-channels (with ProCell micro-needling) and then PRP is applied over top.
The results of PRP are impressive:
- Skin tone, texture and brightness are improved
- Skin is firmed and tightened
- Wrinkles and lines are softened
- Skin’s rosy glow is resumed
- Skin softness is increased
- Facial volume depletion can be improved
- Hair re-growth is stimulated